Ann represents Officer Patty in an employment discrimination case against City Police Department
(“Department”) in which Patty alleges that Department refused to promote her and other female
police officers to positions that supervise male police officers. Bob represents Department.
At Patty’s request, Ann privately interviewed a male police captain, Carl, who had heard the Chief
of Police (Chief) make disparaging comments about women in Department. Carl told Ann that Chief
has repeatedly said that he disapproves of women becoming police officers, routinely assigns them
clerical work, and would personally see to it that no female officer would ever supervise any male
officer. Carl met with Ann voluntarily during his non-work hours at home. Ann did not seek Bob’s
consent to meet with Carl or invite Bob to be present at Carl’s interview.
When Bob saw Carl’s name as a trial witness on the pretrial statement, he asked Chief to prepare a
memo to him summarizing Carl’s personnel history and any information that could be used to
discredit him. Chief produced a lengthy memo containing details of Carl’s youthful indiscretions. In
the memo, however, were several damaging statements by Chief reflecting his negative views about
female police officers. In the course of discovery, Bob’s paralegal inadvertently delivered a copy of
Chief s memo to Ann. Immediately upon opening the envelope in which the memo was delivered, Ann
realized that it had been sent by mistake. At the same time, Bob’s paralegal discovered and advised
Bob what had happened. Bob promptly demanded the memo’s retum, but Ann refused, intending to
use it at trial.
Please answer the following questions:
1. Did Ann commit any ethical violation by interviewing Carl? Discuss.
2. What are Ann’s ethical obligations with respect to Chief s memo? Discuss.
3. At trial, how should the court rule on objections by Bob to the admission of Chief s
memo on the grounds of attomey-client privilege and hearsay? Discuss.
Please use the ABA model rules of professional conduct your knowledge of legal ethics sules to support your answers. There is no need to use or research case law in the completion of this assignment
Share on Facebook
This question has been answered.
Is this question part of your Assignment?
Custom Written Work
Guaranteed on Time
Achieve the Grade You ordered
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
Looking for unparalleled custom paper writing services? Our team of experienced professionals at AcademicWritersBay.com is here to provide you with top-notch assistance that caters to your unique needs.
We understand the importance of producing original, high-quality papers that reflect your personal voice and meet the rigorous standards of academia. That’s why we assure you that our work is completely plagiarism-free—we craft bespoke solutions tailored exclusively for you.
Why Choose AcademicWritersBay.com?
- Our papers are 100% original, custom-written from scratch.
- We’re here to support you around the clock, any day of the year.
- You’ll find our prices competitive and reasonable.
- We handle papers across all subjects, regardless of urgency or difficulty.
- Need a paper urgently? We can deliver within 6 hours!
- Relax with our on-time delivery commitment.
- We offer money-back and privacy guarantees to ensure your satisfaction and confidentiality.
- Benefit from unlimited amendments upon request to get the paper you envisioned.
- We pledge our dedication to meeting your expectations and achieving the grade you deserve.
Our Process: Getting started with us is as simple as can be. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top or the “Order Now” button at the bottom. You’ll be directed to our order form.
- Provide the specifics of your paper in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Select your academic level, the deadline, and the required number of pages.
- Click on “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to provide your registration details, then “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.”
- Follow the simple payment instructions and soon, our writers will be hard at work on your paper.
AcademicWritersBay.com is dedicated to expediting the writing process without compromising on quality. Our roster of writers boasts individuals with advanced degrees—Masters and PhDs—in a myriad of disciplines, ensuring that no matter the complexity or field of your assignment, we have the expertise to tackle it with finesse. Our quick turnover doesn’t mean rushed work; it means efficiency and priority handling, ensuring your deadlines are met with the excellence your academics demand.