FIND A SOLUTION AT American Essay Writers
Clinical Governance is a framework that outlines a set of relationships and responsibilities between government, health service providers and health service users to ensure everyone involved from clinicians to board members are “accountable to patients and the community for assuring the delivery of health services that are safe, effective, integrated, high quality and continuously improving” (Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care, 2017, P.iii). Indeed, the impetus for the development of the National Model Clinical Governance Framework was in part a response to the failure of health services to take corrective action in response to identified patient safety risks and failures.
This assessment task asks students to consider a clinical scenario (actual or hypothetical) where patient outcomes were compromised or not optimised and to offer a solution to the identified problem(s) in the form of a quality improvement initiative. The first assessment (essay) will focus on the ‘what’ and the ‘why’ aspects of the quality improvement initiative.
The purpose of this assessment is to develop a justification for a quality improvement project in clinical practice.
In order to be successful in this assessment task students are required to:
· Identify a quality issue in clinical practice based on an observed or a hypothetical scenario where patient safety/outcomes were compromised or were at risk of being compromised.
· Articulate the impact of the chosen quality issue on patients/clients and the ‘health system’ broadly and provide a justification for why the quality improvement initiative should be undertaken.
· Undertake a root cause analysis i.e. explore the workplace factors impacting the quality issue chosen using a quality tool such as SWOT analysis or Ishikawa Fishbone.
· Recommend a quality improvement initiative/strategy to address the identified quality issue (original idea supported by evidence, or an established approach that is applicable/adaptable for the chosen clinical area/context) providing a clear aim for the QI initiative; and
· Review and appraise appropriate literature relevant to the quality issue. Preferred literature includes standards, best practice guidelines, policy and procedure documents and peer reviewed research / journal articles published within the previous five (5) years.
This assignment is to be written in essay style format with an introduction, body and conclusion (headings not required).
Document formatting requirements include:
· a cover page stating the unit number, unit title, assignment title, student number, actual word count of the paper submitted (not the assigned word count)
· text should be 12 point and double spaced with 2.5 cm margins
· each page is to be numbered
· reference list should commence on a new page; and
· the reference list and intext citations are correctly formatted as per APA 7th edition requirements.
· Identification of safety related quality issue.
Contemporary clinical patient safety issue identified with impact of the chosen quality issue on patients / clients / health system discussed providing a justification for why the quality improvement initiative should be undertaken.
Contemporary clinical patient safety issue identified with excellent discussion of potential negative consequences for patients health care workers / health care oganisation.
· This criterion is linked to a learning outcomeRoot cause analysis
Factors impacting the patient safety issue explored utilising a quality tool such as SWOT analysis or Ishikawa Fishbone
Highly developed exploration of factors impacting the issue utilising a quality tool such as SWOT analysis or Fishbone
· Identification of QI initiative
Original quality improvement strategy / initiative recommended and clear aim for the QI initiative identified.
Highly developed original quality improvement project recommended with clear aim identified.
· Quality of literature resourced, evidence integration and referencing
At least 10 relevant, contemporary pieces of literature resourced and integrated into the discussion to present a strong argument for practice change. Correct APA 7th referencing style.
More than 10 pieces of relevant, contemporary and appropriate literature resourced and integrated into the discussion to present a strong argument for practice change. Reference list provided as per APA 7th referencing style. No errors in referencing and no unreferenced claims.
· Format, Writing, Presentation and Word limit
Essay style written assignment with clear introduction, body and conclusion; Correct grammar, spelling, punctuation and syntax; Presentation / formatting guidelines and word limit adhered to;
Presentation as per instructions, essay format with clear introduction, body and conclusion; Excellent standard of academic writing with correct grammar, spelling and syntax. Adheres to the word limit
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER