1 . The Classical Theory of Asset Prices assumes which of the following ideas?
A. The interest rate to use is the nominal rate, assets are the discounted sum of their future values, and expected income is the best information available.
B. Actual past income is the best information available, assets are the discounted sum of their future values, and the interest rate is the safe interest rate plus a risk premium.
C. The value of an asset is the discounted present value of expected cash flows, expected income is the best information available, and the interest rate is the safe interest rate plus a risk premium.
D. The interest rate to use is the real rate, expected income is the best information available, and the assets are the discounted sum of their future values.
2 . Economists use two principle interest rates: nominal and real. The purpose of this distinction is to
A. use nominal interest rates during periods when the economy is growing and real interest rates during economic down turns
B. adjust for the influences that inflation may have on business profits
C. account for and factor the influences that inflation may have on the behavior that consumers and firms use to determine how much to save out of their incomes
3 . During periods of increasing inflationary pressure, the Federal Reserve should
A. buy member bank’s bonds to encourage increased lending to the public
B. sell bonds to member banks to discourage lending to the public
C. reduce the discount rate to make it easier for small businesses to borrow money
4 . What is the increased moral hazard associated with the too big to fail (TBTF) bailouts of the largest of financial institutions?
A. Financial institutions might misuse the bailout funds and continue the same practices that lead to the original failure.
B. Depositors will lose their deposits.
C. Employees of the financial institutions will lose their jobs.
5 . The Federal Reserve’s primary tool for managing the money flow is
A. discount rate
B. reserve ratio
C. open-market operations
D. term auction facility
6 . Which of the following is a major drawback of a flexible exchange rate?
A. Government intervention in the form of reserves
B. Use of exchange controls
C. Discouraging the flow of trade due to risks and uncertainties
7 . The major advantage to a flexible exchange-rate policy is
A. automatic adjustments to balance of payments
B. relative interest rates between countries are automatically adjusted
C. increased foreign investment
D. increased overall wealth
8 . _____________suggests that a country will engage in trade and export products that it can produce at a lower-opportunity cost than a competing nation.
A. Comparative advantage
B. Absolute advantage
D. Heckscher-Ohlin theory
9 . Absolute advantage encourages a country to
A. enact protective tariffs
B. specialize and trade with other countries
C. export the technology that gives it an absolute advantage
10 . The _____________________ explains that long-run trends in exchange rates are based on a predictable relationship between product price levels and exchange rates.
A. monetary approach to exchange rates
B. asset market approach to exchange rates
C. purchasing power parity
11 . A business traveler to Germany who, upon deplaning in Berlin, uses an airport ATM to withdraw 100 Euros from her U.S. bank would receive which kind of exchange rate?
12 . Suppose Nation A can produce 2 million pounds of sugar per week OR 1 million pounds of rice in a week and Nation B can produce 10 million pounds of sugar per week OR 3 million pounds of rice in a week. If this is a two-good, two nation model, what would Nation B’s best choice in regards to trade and specialization?
A. Nation B should produce both rice and sugar.
B. Nation B should produce only sugar and trade for rice.
C. Nation B should produce sugar, produce rice, and trade some sugar for rice.
D. Nation B should produce sugar, produce rice, and trade some rice for sugar.
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
Looking for unparalleled custom paper writing services? Our team of experienced professionals at AcademicWritersBay.com is here to provide you with top-notch assistance that caters to your unique needs.
We understand the importance of producing original, high-quality papers that reflect your personal voice and meet the rigorous standards of academia. That’s why we assure you that our work is completely plagiarism-free—we craft bespoke solutions tailored exclusively for you.
Why Choose AcademicWritersBay.com?
- Our papers are 100% original, custom-written from scratch.
- We’re here to support you around the clock, any day of the year.
- You’ll find our prices competitive and reasonable.
- We handle papers across all subjects, regardless of urgency or difficulty.
- Need a paper urgently? We can deliver within 6 hours!
- Relax with our on-time delivery commitment.
- We offer money-back and privacy guarantees to ensure your satisfaction and confidentiality.
- Benefit from unlimited amendments upon request to get the paper you envisioned.
- We pledge our dedication to meeting your expectations and achieving the grade you deserve.
Our Process: Getting started with us is as simple as can be. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top or the “Order Now” button at the bottom. You’ll be directed to our order form.
- Provide the specifics of your paper in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Select your academic level, the deadline, and the required number of pages.
- Click on “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to provide your registration details, then “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.”
- Follow the simple payment instructions and soon, our writers will be hard at work on your paper.
AcademicWritersBay.com is dedicated to expediting the writing process without compromising on quality. Our roster of writers boasts individuals with advanced degrees—Masters and PhDs—in a myriad of disciplines, ensuring that no matter the complexity or field of your assignment, we have the expertise to tackle it with finesse. Our quick turnover doesn’t mean rushed work; it means efficiency and priority handling, ensuring your deadlines are met with the excellence your academics demand.