Scenario 17-year-old Peter broke into a home, stole approximately $10,000 worth of jewelry and electronics, and consumed a bottle of wine before he fled the scene in a stolen car. The police stopped Peter after noticing him swerving, speeding, and then slowing down on the interstate highway. During the stop, police saw the loot stashed in the back seat of Peters car and suspected he was involved in more than driving while intoxicated. Peter was properly arrested and booked on the charge of driving while intoxicated.The police believe Peters fingerprints will match those discovered at the burglary scene and are likely to charge him with burglary and larceny, as well as grand theft auto. Peters parents have been contacted and are debating whether he should retain counsel because they are struggling financially. To complicate matters, Peter fully admitted to the charges before his parents were contacted.Since it is Peters first time in the juvenile justice system, neither he nor his parents know what to expect. What is likely to happen? Will Peter have to go to court or trial? If so, what can he expect in the court process?Scenario adapted with permission from: McGraw-Hill Instructor Resources for Bohm, R., & Haley, N. K. (2021). Introduction to criminal justice (10th ed.). McGraw-Hill Education.InstructionsResearch the juvenile justice laws or policies in your community or state and write a 1,050- to 1,400-word response to Peters parents. Explain the process Peter might go through in the application of criminal justice in your community or state.Note: You may wish to use Figure 13.1, The Formal Juvenile Justice Process, on p. 542 of your textbook to guide your research.Address the following in your paper:
Identify the city or state laws you are researching.
Describe 1 or more procedures police may use in processing Peters case and explain why you selected these procedures. Consider the following questions in your response:
What steps might the police take in their investigation?
Will Peter be charged with a crime(s)? If so, what crime(s) could Peter be charged with?
What options do all parties (Peter, his parents, and the police) have related to intake, processing, and custody or release?
Identify 1 or more potential court proceedings Peter may face and explain why you selected these proceedings. Consider the following questions in your response:
What legal and financial rights can Peter and his family pursue?
Is Peter likely to go through informal or formal court proceedings? Explain your reasoning.
Describe court procedures if Peters case goes to trial. Include any details related to these procedures.
If Peter goes through a disposition hearing, what will that entail? Describe the type of justice the judge may administer.
Predict 1 potential post-court outcome. Explain the rationale for your prediction with relevant details. Address the following question in your response:
What will life be like for Peter after he has exited the court system?
Share on Facebook
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
Looking for unparalleled custom paper writing services? Our team of experienced professionals at AcademicWritersBay.com is here to provide you with top-notch assistance that caters to your unique needs.
We understand the importance of producing original, high-quality papers that reflect your personal voice and meet the rigorous standards of academia. That’s why we assure you that our work is completely plagiarism-free—we craft bespoke solutions tailored exclusively for you.
Why Choose AcademicWritersBay.com?
- Our papers are 100% original, custom-written from scratch.
- We’re here to support you around the clock, any day of the year.
- You’ll find our prices competitive and reasonable.
- We handle papers across all subjects, regardless of urgency or difficulty.
- Need a paper urgently? We can deliver within 6 hours!
- Relax with our on-time delivery commitment.
- We offer money-back and privacy guarantees to ensure your satisfaction and confidentiality.
- Benefit from unlimited amendments upon request to get the paper you envisioned.
- We pledge our dedication to meeting your expectations and achieving the grade you deserve.
Our Process: Getting started with us is as simple as can be. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top or the “Order Now” button at the bottom. You’ll be directed to our order form.
- Provide the specifics of your paper in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Select your academic level, the deadline, and the required number of pages.
- Click on “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to provide your registration details, then “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.”
- Follow the simple payment instructions and soon, our writers will be hard at work on your paper.
AcademicWritersBay.com is dedicated to expediting the writing process without compromising on quality. Our roster of writers boasts individuals with advanced degrees—Masters and PhDs—in a myriad of disciplines, ensuring that no matter the complexity or field of your assignment, we have the expertise to tackle it with finesse. Our quick turnover doesn’t mean rushed work; it means efficiency and priority handling, ensuring your deadlines are met with the excellence your academics demand.