Dear writer : Follow APA style and while you’re writing try to follow Blooms taxonomy by using remembering , understanding, and applying .
The following questions are with answers all you need it is write it on essay , paraphrase it, and cite it .. Pleas site your information by using The following book : Creating Public Value Strategic Management in Government. By Mark H. Moore. and other schoolar sourcess..
The Question is : Consider a scenario where your city has recently experienced an increase on gang-related crime
– Explain how you go about analyzing the problem (by using Forward mapping and Backward mapping)
Backward V Forward Mapping
When one considers how a policy maker might try to affect the implementation process
It begins at the top of the process (top-down approach)
Reinforces myth that organizations are structured hierarchical
One assumes that the closer one is to the problem, the greater ones ability to influence it
-and a variety of policy instruments that could be used to impact the problem. By Adaptation occurs when a policy or program evolves in response to its environment as each alters the other. Mutual adaptation, the product of environmental response to policy intent, is unavoidable. Backward mapping is an analytic approach compatible with our view of implementation as an evolutionary process. The closer one is to the source of the problem, the greater is one’s ability to influence it: and the problem solving ability of complex systems depends not on hierarchical control but on maximizing discretion at the point where the problem is most immediate: (pg215).
-Describe the type of assessment tools available to evaluate the policy (that would be by using Strategic Triangle) , and how implementation and budgets may be impacted.
The Strategic Triangle
Public Value by Moore ,1997
This part of the triangle relates to the substantive aims of public programs, and the public value outcomes which they are trying to achieve, by which their impact and performance should be measured. This should be a detailed specification of the public value outcomes aimed for by the organization and those working within it. It underlines the importance of pursuing aims that will bring measurable benefit to the public sphere and which address the expressed or revealed priorities of a given population.
Public Value aims should be a reconciliation of what the public values with what protects and enhances the public sphere (Benington, 2010). These two aspects are often in tension and sometimes in conflict. Considering what the public most values places an emphasis on dialogue with current citizens, whereas the question of what adds value to the public sphere emphasizes the longer term public interests (e.g. future generations).
One of the factors that make decisions in healthcare challenging and tough is the existence of conflicting views. Furthermore, the evidence that underpins these views is often contested. The two dimensions of public value can be used as a decision-support tool to enable alternative views to be sought and debated.
Authorizing environment Authorizing Environment
The pursuit of public value aims requires the support of key external stakeholders including government, partners and stakeholders, users, interest groups, and donors (primarily tax-paying citizens). Public sector decision makers must be accountable to these groups and to engage them in an ongoing dialogue over organizational means and ends. The public manager must therefore use the strategies available to them to build a coalition of support and to create this platform of legitimacy.
The Strategic Triangle emphasizes three way demands on managers:
· Upwards through institutional and political structures;
· Downwards through management and operational lines;
· Outwards to the public.
‘How the enterprise will have to be organized and operated to achieve the declared objectives’ (Moore, 1995) and the resources that can be mobilized in pursuit of these. Resources – including finance, personnel, skills and technology – are limited if not fixed. Therefore, the strategic manager must lobby to increase, reallocate and/or better redeploy the resources at his/her disposal in the pursuit of substantive public value aims. Furthermore they must be persuasive in making the case for also mobilizing the resources of partner agencies behind these aims, and expert in regulating the performance of contracted bodies. Public value aims must be practically achievable in terms of operational capability.
Aligning the Three Points of the Triangle
The public manager’s aim should be to align the three points of the triangle. For example, in order to achieve the public value aims, the authorizing environment and operational resources need to be harnessed to the stated aims.
Process and outcome are both important in Public Value. The process of deliberation about a set of choices, engaging with citizens to establish what they value most and what adds value to the public sphere, is crucial to the creation of public value. However, process is no good in isolation; it needs to be focused on achieving the agreed public value outcomes.
Functions of the Strategic Triangle:
•To help managers position their enterprises in complex, dynamic environments;
•To distribute managerial attention across their “task environment” and their “authorizing environment,” and,
•To help them envision (and negotiate) a sustainable public value proposition to be pursued with assets entrusted to them.
- WE OFFER THE BEST CUSTOM PAPER WRITING SERVICES. WE HAVE DONE THIS QUESTION BEFORE, WE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
Looking for unparalleled custom paper writing services? Our team of experienced professionals at AcademicWritersBay.com is here to provide you with top-notch assistance that caters to your unique needs.
We understand the importance of producing original, high-quality papers that reflect your personal voice and meet the rigorous standards of academia. That’s why we assure you that our work is completely plagiarism-free—we craft bespoke solutions tailored exclusively for you.
Why Choose AcademicWritersBay.com?
- Our papers are 100% original, custom-written from scratch.
- We’re here to support you around the clock, any day of the year.
- You’ll find our prices competitive and reasonable.
- We handle papers across all subjects, regardless of urgency or difficulty.
- Need a paper urgently? We can deliver within 6 hours!
- Relax with our on-time delivery commitment.
- We offer money-back and privacy guarantees to ensure your satisfaction and confidentiality.
- Benefit from unlimited amendments upon request to get the paper you envisioned.
- We pledge our dedication to meeting your expectations and achieving the grade you deserve.
Our Process: Getting started with us is as simple as can be. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top or the “Order Now” button at the bottom. You’ll be directed to our order form.
- Provide the specifics of your paper in the “PAPER DETAILS” section.
- Select your academic level, the deadline, and the required number of pages.
- Click on “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to provide your registration details, then “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT.”
- Follow the simple payment instructions and soon, our writers will be hard at work on your paper.
AcademicWritersBay.com is dedicated to expediting the writing process without compromising on quality. Our roster of writers boasts individuals with advanced degrees—Masters and PhDs—in a myriad of disciplines, ensuring that no matter the complexity or field of your assignment, we have the expertise to tackle it with finesse. Our quick turnover doesn’t mean rushed work; it means efficiency and priority handling, ensuring your deadlines are met with the excellence your academics demand.