FIND A SOLUTION AT American Essay Writers
The purpose of this paper is to apply your understanding of these topics to the movie Wit (2001), which features the story of an English professor, Vivian Bearing, who is diagnosed with terminal ovarian cancer. Bearing describes her experiences as a cancer patient and offers her reactions to various health communication interactions during her diagnosis and treatment.
You can access the entire movie on YouTube using this link:
Carefully watch the movie and answer the following questions, using evidence from the texts to support your ideas:
1. How does Vivian Bearing’s experience of social support influence her illness experience?
2. How do Vivian Bearing’s experiences with health care providers support the well-documented trends in patient-provider communication (e.g., physician-centered communication, asymmetrical versus transactional communication, etc.)?
3. What evidence do you see that both Vivian Bearing and her healthcare providers have been socialized to use the Voice of the Lifeworld and/or the Voice of Medicine? Does anyone in the movie deviate from the patient and/or health care provider role expectations and if so, how?
4. How does Vivian Bearing’s experience support Nuland’s ideas about how our cultural conceptions surrounding the “beautiful death” cause so many people to die alone?
The paper is worth 40 points. Your paper should have a title page formatted according to APA (7th edition) style conventions, which includes the use of a references page. Your paper should be double-spaced with 12-point font and the length of the paper should be no less than 1250 words (somewhere between 5 and 6 double-spaced pages, excluding the title and reference pages).
Suggestions for Writing the Analysis Paper
A high-quality paper will have strong organizational structure. This means, generally, that the paper should have an introductory paragraph that contains a thesis statement and a preview of the main points of the paper. You should work to carefully craft a succinct, well-reasoned, and well-integrated response to the questions in this assignment. The body of the paper, where you answer the key questions and apply the course concepts/theories, will be clearly organized. The paper will also have a concluding paragraph that summarizes the purpose of the paper and any important final thoughts.
To receive full credit, you will need to apply each theory/concept in detail and provide concrete examples.
A high-quality paper will demonstrate a thoughtful analysis of the key questions and provide a thorough synthesis of the course readings and lectures.
A well-written paper will not have spelling, grammatical or typo errors.
Although you do not need to use outside sources for this paper, you should cite all relevant sources (e.g., readings, lectures) using APA 7th edition style (and include a references page).
*any amount of sources*
How does Vivian Bearing’s experience support Nuland’s ideas about how our cultural conceptions surrounding the “beautiful death” cause so many people to die alone?Exlp[ain
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS
QUALITY: 100% ORIGINAL PAPER – NO PLAGIARISM – CUSTOM PAPER